When it comes to the amount of money required to purchase various computer peripherals, printers are likely to be among the most money-hungry devices available.
That so, having a printer at home or at work that you can use whenever you want is always preferable to having to utilize a professional photocopier to accomplish the same task. We’ll go over how to put ink in a printer in this article.
For the record, we’ve used three printer models from various manufacturers as examples in the following sections.
You’ll learn how to put ink in a Deskjet (ink) HP printer and toner cartridges in a laser HP printer in this post.
Hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the contacts toward the printer insert. The ink cartridge into its slot. And then gently push it until it snaps into place.
How Do You Put an Ink Cartridge in an HP Printer?
Make sure your HP printer is turned on before getting started. Also, do not open your new ink cartridge until you’re ready to use it to avoid damaging it. To replace your ink cartridges, follow these procedures.
- With the little handle on the front of your printer, open the ink cartridge access door.
- The ink cartridge should automatically shift to the middle of the printer after a few seconds.
- Press down on a cartridge to remove it after it has stopped moving and your printer has gone silent.
- Remove the plastic pull tab from the new ink cartridge, then insert it at a slight upward angle, holding it by the sides with the ink nozzles facing the printer. Snap the cartridge into position by pressing it in. Rep with the second ink cartridge.
- Close the access door to the ink cartridges. To check that the cartridges are aligned and the printer prints properly, print an alignment page.
How Do You Put a Toner Cartridge in an HP Printer?
You’ll still need to update the toner cartridges if you have a Laserjet HP printer rather than an ink printer. Although the procedure is similar to that of replacing an ink cartridge, there are several distinctions. This is how you do it.
- Lift the printer’s scanner section, then lift the top cover until it clicks into position.
- Using the handle, pull out the toner cartridge and slide it upwards until it is removed.
- Pull the release tab on the outer packing to open your new toner cartridge.
- Hold the cartridge by the handle and align it with the printer’s tracks before sliding it in until it clicks into place.
- Lower the printer’s top cover as well as the scanner.
See also: The 6 Best HP Printers That Use 61 Ink
How To Put Ink In a Printer: Canon Printer
Changing ink cartridges is an important component of printer maintenance, and if your Canon printer is used regularly, you may need to do it more frequently. The top or front of your Canon printer features an access door that allows you to remove or check the status of the inserted ink cartridges. Open your printer’s access door when print quality falls due to fading or missing colors, then replace the empty ink cartridge to return the printer’s output to its regular quality.
- Locate and open the Canon printer’s access door. In most cases, you can access the printer’s ink cartridges by raising up on the top panel of the printer. Locate and lower the plastic arm on the underside of the scanner bed to lock the panel in place if your printer has one. Some Canon printer models, such as the PIXMA PRO-1, lack top access doors; in these cases, seek for access panels on the left and right sides of the paper tray and pull them forward to open them.
- Check the status LEDs that become visible after you open the access door for the empty cartridge. When a cartridge is empty, the status light for that cartridge blinks or turns off.
- To remove the empty cartridge from its slot, press the tab above or in front of it. Remove the cartridge from the Canon printer by lifting or pulling it out.
- Remove the replacement ink cartridge from its packaging but leave the inner wrapping intact. Before opening the cartridge, check the wrapper for instructions to shake it. If you need to shake the cartridge, hold it parallel to the floor and gently shake it from side to side several times. The Canon PIXMA PRO-1 requires you to shake ink cartridges before opening them, however other Canon ink cartridges do not.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its protective packaging. Remove the tape covering the metal contact points and, if necessary, twist off the plastic cap.
- Place the cartridge in the vacant slot with the metal contacts facing the inside and the release tab facing you. The cartridge slips into place and the neighboring status light illuminates when correctly placed.
- Before printing, close the printer’s access door and wait for the printer’s indicator light to turn solid.
Putting fresh cartridges in your printer or replacing old ones with new ones is, on the whole, a simple enough task. As you can see, there are only about four steps to this, so even if you’ve never done it before, you should be able to figure it out rather fast. We hope you found this article on how to put ink in a printer useful.
I am a bilingual, meticulous, and hardworking professional. As a high-energy professional, and printing specialist who offers high-quality printing services I possess excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with an ability to establish and maintain strong rapport with clients. I am able to prioritize workloads and handle multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently. My work experiences have made me accustomed to working in fast-paced environments with the ability to think quickly and successfully handle difficult situations.